This week we are looking for gold: real gold, fake gold, the color gold, etc. Your photo may have other colors as well, but I encourage you to approach the challenge from the mindset of “looking for gold”. This might mean that you pre-visualize the post-processing that you intend to apply to whatever photo you take.
You might choose to achieve “gold” through post-processing via hue & saturation adjustments, color grading and/or color overlays. In the example photo above, I upped the saturation of the warm tones to give the alleyway a golden glow from the warm lights strung above it.
To recap this week’s challenge:
- Take a photo that is inspired by “gold” – real, fake or simply the color. Creative interpretations are encouraged.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, December 15 and Saturday, December 21.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.