This week’s theme is pretty simple: Please capture a person walking past a wall.
My main source of inspiration for the theme was this amazing Instagram account:
Please have a closer look at the photos there and decide for yourself what principle of composition appeals to you best.
And yes – of course, you can apply some photography guidelines to make the photo more interesting:
1.) chose an interesting wall (mural painting, color, texture)
2.) shoot preferably perpendicular to the wall
3.) use a short exposure to have sharp legs (at least 1/250 sec)
4.) use a longer expose (e.g. 1/30 sec) if you want motion blur
5.) play with light and shadow
6.) shoot in burst mode and select the photo where the step is at its widest point
There are just a few photos matching the theme I was able to find on the Internet and tag them for the usual Pinterest Board.
- Take a new photo of a person (or persons) walking past a wall
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, April 10, and Saturday, April 16
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?”
- Thank you! HAVE FUN WITH PHOTOGRAPHY!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). – Tag the photo: #2022photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera.
Participating in the 2022 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.