On our side of the globe we certainly expect bad weather in early January therefore I found an indoor theme: cutlery photography.
While I’m not sure if it’s an official genre or just a sub-genre of still life or food photography I still found plenty of creative examples.
The challenge now is about using these everyday objects: forks, spoons and/or knives to create an interesting and eye catching photo. Usually b&w works really well maybe because the objects have such clear and familiar lines. Eye catching photos of the genre sometimes include a different object and the viewer only identifies the used cutlery and its shadow on the second glance.
Inspiration and Examples
can be found on the Pinterest Moodboard:
or in this short video from the digital photography school homepage:
- Take a new photo that features cutlery
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, January 16 and Saturday, January 22
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?”
- Thank you! HAVE FUN WITH PHOTOGRAPHY!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). – Tag the photo: #2022photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera.
Participating in the 2022 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.