This week I’m bringing you back in time when we published RUST challenges. Looking at our website, I realized we had a few RUST-themed challenges including one by Peter Randall. I decided to mix things up. These challenges are fairly similar, except one is a Macro/Close-Up.
You’ll need to choose the rust challenge of your choice. Then we’ll mix this challenge with a SELECTIVE COLOR Challenge from Eric Minbiole…
STEP ONE – CHOOSE YOUR RUST CHALLENGE
STEP TWO – SELECTIVE COLOR
Complete your RUST Challenge by applying selective color to your rust image as per Eric Minbiole’s SELECTIVE COLOR PhotoChallenge. The choice of color is yours, it doesn’t have to be the rust itself kept in color, it can be any aspect of your image. I’m giving you total creative freedom in order to let you come up with a RUST Photograph that has a unique impact.
The above image demonstrates the starting point with a full-color image followed with the selective color BLUE, GREEN, and RED in the following images.
DEFINING YOUR CHALLENGE
- Simply choose the RUST Challenge of your choice
- Apply Selective Color as per Eric’s Photo Challenge
- SELECTIVE COLOR on RUST or other parts of the image
- Take a new photo of a subject that has rust and apply selective color to the image
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, February 27 and Saturday, March 5, 2022
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?”
- Thank you! HAVE FUN WITH PHOTOGRAPHY!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). – Tag the photo: #2022photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera.
Participating in the 2022 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.