When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. — Maha Ghosananda
This time of the year is frenzied and chaotic for many people and so I thought I would challenge you to look for and notice peace this week. It could be that you photograph something that brings you peace. Or perhaps you take a photo that evokes a peaceful feeling. I think the photo below does both in that the night sky brings me peace and the image has a peaceful feeling to it.
To recap this week’s challenge:
- Take a new photo that captures and/or evokes a sense of peace. Don’t forget to think about composition, lighting, contrasting colors, etc. Do your best to help the viewer experience the peace that inspired you to take the photo.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, December 22 and Saturday, December 28.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.