As I was researching a theme for this week, I came across a few articles on Film Noir Photography that intrigued me. The style is dark and mysterious – perfect for Halloween!
If you are not familiar with Film Noir, here are a few articles to get you started:
- 8 Tips for Film Noir Photography
- 20 Gritty Examples of Noir Photography
- Street Noir Photography by Daniel Turan
Technically Film Noir is B&W, but you are welcome to explore the use of color if you would like.
To recap this week’s challenge:
- Take a photo in the style of film noir.
- Post-processing is encouraged since it can help enhance the film noir effect. Consider darkening shadows and/or playing with white balance (if you are working with color). You may also add “atmosphere” such as fog if you desire.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, October 27 and Saturday, November 2.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.