Your challenge this week is to take a photo with the color yellow in it. The color yellow can fill the frame or simply be an accent in your photo. The point of the challenge is to “look for yellow” and then capture a pleasing composition that includes yellow.
For inspiration, you might want to look up the meaning of yellow. Or do a google image search for yellow. Or simply walk around your home/neighborhood/town and look for the color yellow to catch your eye.
As for technique, feel free to be creative. In addition to obvious subjects lemons, flowers, fall leaves, warning signs, taxis, etc. you might want to experiment with Intentional Camera Movement (ICM), abstracts, shallow DOF, etc. Anything goes as long as your resulting image includes the color yellow.
To recap this week’s challenge:
- Take a photo that includes the color yellow.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, October 18 and Saturday, October 24.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2020photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2020 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.