As I was looking through my folder of favorite quotes recently, it occurred to me that it might be fun and inspiring to make picture quotes for our challenge this week. I’m sure you’ve seen these all over social media and doing a quick google search for “picture quotes” produces thousands of results.
For this week’s challenge, I want you to:
- First select one of your favorite quotes.
- Take a photo that supports the quote, e.g. either the subject bears some relevance to the quote or one that evokes an emotion similar to the quote.
- Combine the two by placing the quote on your photo.
To place the quote on the photo, you have a few options. Photoshop (or an equivalent) or Snapseed are obvious choices, but there are also free online apps that are dedicated to making picture quotes for social media. I was able to use each of the apps below without having to create an account:
- Media Modifier
- Quote Maker (scroll down to find the design app)
- WordSwag (for iOS and Android if you prefer to edit on your mobile device)
To recap this week’s challenge:
- Create a picture quote using a new photo that you take this week.
- Post your picture quote during the week of Sunday, August 30 and Saturday, September 5.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2020photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2020 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.