I wanted to do an architectural detail of old, Antique or Historical structures. However with COVID-19 and the uncertainties from week to week, I’m broadening the scope…
360 Image Gracie’s Grave Site – Bonaventure Cemetery
For me, Historical Savannah, GA is a great place, conserving the structural beauty of what once was. I’ve passed countless hours in Savannah’s Bonaventure Cemetery. With grave sites going back hundreds of years, there’s just no lack of Old, Antique or Historical subjects to photograph…
I find infrared photography to be particularly well adapted to photographing historical cemeteries in the Coastal Georgia area.
Unlike America, Europe has historical relics that even outdate the discovery of America. The above image is of L’Église de Font (Church of Font), right below Châbles, in the French speaking part of Switzerland, Suisse Romande, on the eastern shore of the Neuchâtel Lake.
This Church dates back to the 12th Century with a crypt below it dating back to the Roman Empire from around the birth of Christianity.
From a different angle we can see the old ruins of the original castle from the Font Lordship (Seigneurie de Font) dating as far back as 1011. The Baillivale house, named castle, were built at the end of the 1500s and still stand occupied today.
Being a Photography Challenge, some of you must have some vintage cameras around. I know I do, they don’t all work, but I still keep them around…
Some antique cars show their aga a little more than others to the point where they cross the line into entropy.
Antique jewelry and small decorations can be used as props in a still-life image setup. In fact I still use an antique automatic pocket stopwatch for timing my very long exposures.
Some old things are just becoming the hottest and newest commodities. Vinyl records are making a comeback and a new era of turn tables are trickling onto the market.
- Identify an antiquity, something vintage or historical as a subject.
- Photograph the subject in its entirety or a particular detail of it.
- Post Process your image the way you feel suits it best.
- Post a quick text with your image describing your object’s properties as an antique, something vintage or historical.
I encourage attempting to use a vintage photography look to the image if it fits with your particular image.
Here’s a quick little slideshow with examples of my own for this week’s photoChallenge.
I hope you enjoy this week’s challenge and have fun with photography.
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2020photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2020 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.
Sony Alpha 7 IV Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera,Body Only , Black
Now retrieving the price.(as of 24 April 2023 10:18 GMT -04:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.