This week’s challenge is to take a professional-looking photograph that would be suitable for an advertisement or a product photo. The goal is to make the product look as desirable and alluring as you can. You can show the product “in action”, as with the Perrier photo, below. Or you can simply show the product itself against a plain background, similar to what you might see on Amazon. Regardless of what you choose for your subject, you should strive to take a clean, polished, professional looking photo.
The actual choice of product is completely up to you: It can be big or small; it can be a real product or a fake one; it can be serious or silly; it can be something people like or something more difficult to “sell”. Food, gadgets, clothing, jewelry, cars, toys, tools, services, etc., would all be fine choices– if it’s something that can be bought or sold, then you are welcome to use it as your subject. As before, what really matters is that you try to make the product look as good as you can, and to take the best photo that you can. Taking a clean, polished photo takes a lot of care and effort, so take your time, and pay attention to the details.
As always, creative or out of the box ideas are welcomed and encouraged 🙂
- Take a photo that would be suitable for an advertisement or a product photo.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, June 30 and Saturday, July 6.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.