Sometimes when you’re out in the woods, things are far from being as expected. An example may be our famous winter predicting critters, the groundhog. If you live in an area where Groundhogs are a common sight, you’ve probably only seen them on the ground ready to scurry into their burrows at a moment’s notice.
Imagine my surprise when I first encountered a TREEHOG! Not exactly, it was a groundhog, but in a tree, something I had never seen or heard of in the past and I have yet to see one in a tree again. It was truly out of place as far as I was concerned…
It didn’t take long for things to get even weirder, trees now have doors, more specifically car doors… This was an area where nature had a little over a decade to take over where man had once littered.
I realize the potential for this challenge to turn into a wild goose chase or an exasperating treasure hunt. It’s not the idea at all, I’m leaving the door wide open to interpretation and studio work and a creative montage is not out of bounds.
It can be as simple as a sharpened crayon among a group of new and unsharpened crayons.
We can all agree that trash and litter doesn’t have its place on our streets or in nature. The possibilities are endless, they will depend on your interpretation of the theme and your lifestyle. I’m an outdoor individual who loves nature, therefore my examples are nature-related but in no way shape or form should you feel that my priorities should reflect your priorities when it comes to this challenge. A great image will always portray a part of you.
TO COMPLETE YOUR CHALLENGE
- What we are looking for is an image that demonstrates an item that is “OUT OF PLACE.” It can be a random occurrence as it can be completely created by you.
- If there’s a little story behind your image, don’t be shy, share it with your fellow community members.
- You can create using any photographic style for your image, but please apply yourself. At the very least, composition and balanced light make all the difference.
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Post one original photograph (Your Image) shot each week per theme posted on this blog to our active community on our Facebook Group or share our images from our Flickr Group. Tag the photo: #10thanniversaryphotochallenge #2018photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- The shot should be a new shot you took for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2018 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $17.70Was: $26.99
Price: $20.40Was: $30.00