For the October Challenge, we will be shooting and posting one photo each day on the theme “Spooky”. There are a lot of ways to get a spooky effect in a photo, and the idea of what is spooky to you is somewhat subjective. Feel free to experiment with different techniques and have fun! Here are some suggestions:
- Take advantage of atmospheric effects, such as fog
- Try light painting to give an unnatural appearance to the scene
- Shoot a cemetery at night
- Use double exposures or long exposures to capture ghostly, transparent people and movement
- Use lighting that shows the suggestion of a human figure, but does not reveal any details
When you post your daily photo, be sure to submit it to the Photochallenge.org Flickr Group Pool, and tag it with “octoberchallenge2010″. This monthly challenge is in addition to the 2010 Challenge. You can participate in both challenges at once.
For the active outdoor enthusiast that wants to keep their camera/binoculars at the ready and always secure. Go out and discover!