Childhood memories or modern stories
Yes, once again it’s THIS time of the year. Many people (though of course not all) are busy preparing for Christmas. Children count the days until the holidays and wait impatiently. Parents feel that time is running too quickly to prepare everything. Some people might not like all the commerce and other simply have different believes and holidays.
No matter what your background is. This week’s challenge is about your personal Christmas story. Create a photo that is able to convey it in one single frame. It can be a happy childhood memory, a critical piece of photo journalism or your alternative holiday story.
Think of your story to tell and choose the elements that symbolise or visualise it best. Your choice of color and lighting might help you set the scene and create the mood you aim for. You can take a macro shot of your favourite Christmas ornament or take a street scene with people wearing masks while doing their shopping.
Technically there are no limits: use your cell phone or DSLR, edited or straight out of cam, color or b&w, try whatever fits best to your Christmas story. It would be lovely if you tell us the meaning behind your photo in your post.
Inspiration and Examples
The Pinterest Mood Board shows you a whole variety of different approaches.
These articles from the Digital Photography School my also help creating a certain mood:
- Take a new photo of your Christmas Story
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, December 19 and Saturday, December 25
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?”
- Thank you! HAVE FUN WITH PHOTOGRAPHY!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). – Tag the photo: #2021photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera.
Participating in the 2021 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.