For all of you celebrating this week, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
This week I thought of creating a challenge themed around the word “LIBRARY”!
We’ve all been exposed to libraries from school to our adult life. Libraries come in all shapes and sizes, some are specific to a subject as in the library you could find at the botanical garden or a US Presidential Library.
I want us to be extremely creative with the interpretation of the word library and how it connects to your chosen subject. Do some research, use a dictionary and a thesaurus, make the best of the creative opportunity.
I chose to only have B&W images submitted for this Photo Challenge. However, they can be taken in normal visible light or in any (IR) infrared spectrum.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with infrared filters even if your camera is not converted. I started early on doing long exposures with a Hoya R72 filter on a Nikon DSLR. Every camera is built and filtered differently so experimenting is key.
I’m lucky enough to be able to mix my library visits with some urban wildlife photography. I’ve had the chance to photograph many different types of birds including this Tricolored heron right here at the PVB library…
I also want you to push the envelope and apply yourself. We’ve covered so many photographic techniques and our members, as well as our contributors, have shared their in-home setups. Regardless of your camera, phone, or pro setup, the photographer creates the image, not the camera. The below image I took with my iPhone 7 just last week at the Ponte Vedra Beach Library.
SHHH! Please be quiet when visiting a library and think outside the box on this PhotoChallenge…
DEFINING YOUR CHALLENGE:
- Creatively come up with a subject related to the word “LIBRARY”
- Push the envelope of your photographic skills
- Submit an image in B&W (Montage, Visible Light or infrared)
- Submit for this Challenge from 11/21/2021 to 11/26/2021
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr(or both). Tag the photo: #2021photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2021 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.