Taking a look around town from the hardware store to the grocery store, I find there’s quite a bit of empty space on the shelves.
The news is kind of supporting the fact that many ports have an abundant amount of ships accumulating at the entrance of ports. Over 45 ships are in waiting at the Port of Los Angeles in Long Beach, CA.
It goes beyond the shipping vessels themselves. Freight trains are affected by a lack of containers to ship and the trucking industry is apparently finding it difficult to acquire empty trailers to get loads delivered to our local warehouses.
The reasons for this are not very clear and it’s affecting people around the world from what I hear.
For our photography challenge, I want to focus on editorial photography. News Photography, just unaltered well-balanced color images that reflect our real-world as a documentary image.
I want you to focus on how the impact of the current logistics and supply chain issues are affecting your local community. That leaves a very broad spectrum of possibilities from shipping vessels to the food you serve on your table.
It may be that things have actually trended to being a better situation with no supply chain issues in your area while some other areas will have a more obvious negative impact.
The final image has to tell a story. If you have images you’ve taken in the past, use them for comparison like a before and after scenario. Since this is storytelling, accompany your image with a little text that sets the narrative for your image.
- Identify a subject that documents the current state of our supply chain and how it impacts your community
- Take an editorial true to life color image. No altering or artistic renditions
- You can use an old existing image to accompany your new image for comparison
- Post your image with a small text to set the context for your image
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, September 5 and Saturday, September 11
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2021photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2021 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.