Guest Challenge by long time member, Cheryl Joy
This week’s challenge is to photograph one object and encourage the group to do their best to create something amazing from that one single subject, a wine glass.
I chose a Wine Glass as I’m sure that every home will have one in some form or another, whether it be big, small, Crystal or even plastic. The challenge is to create something special using all the different aspects of photography that we have covered over the years.
It must only be ‘One’ glass. Additions to the glass itself are allowed and fellow challengers are welcome to enjoy any contents of the glass after their shoot, during or before if that helps the process of creation.
About Cheryl: I have been an Australian member since July 2014 and have loved every minute and all the challenges put to me. Some have definitely been challenging as I started off with a Nikon P510 bridging camera and no software and have now progressed to a Nikon Z5 Mirrorless with Lightroom and ON1.
This group has taught me so much over the last 7 years and I am now comfortable in taking on anything put to me, although occasionally with a bit of self-doubt. I run a business with my husband and my work-life balance is too heavily into the work side, so this group is my one out.
I have seen many amazing photographers come and go and love to see the new members come into this group and enjoy the positive camaraderie that we all benefit from.
A past Photo Challenge by Jeanie to Inspire you
BELOW: Past Challenge Images by Community Members
DEFINING YOUR CHALLENGE:
- Photograph a single wine glass of your choice.
- The glass can be empty or contain the nectar of the gods.
- The glass can be part of a creative scene or on a neutral background.
- Be creative with your setting to help enhance storytelling if any.
- Experiment with light to bring out your glass with or without content.
- Indoor or outdoor photography – Your choice…
- Color, B&W, Infrared or anything else, again your choice.
- Please follow all local laws & regulations regarding alcohol.
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2021photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2021 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.