As I so often ask you to come up with suggestions or even contribute to a guest challenge of your choice, Stephanie Adams suggested we bring back a Puzzle-Like theme. I went back in our archives and I really liked a Challenge from Peter Randall, 2020 Week No 18 Jigsaw Collage.
I’m using Peter’s challenge as an example, I however want to keep this more of a freestyle Puzzle, Jigsaw, Happiness mix of creativity and photography. The techniques Peter demonstrates in his challenge are totally fitting to this challenge.
The first element of this challenge is to capture happiness or something that brings you happiness. These images of happiness can be as much a smiling child just like they can be of an object or natural place like a waterfall, as long as that subject portrays happiness for you.
The jigsaw aspect can be loosely interpreted from inspiring yourself on techniques brought forward by Peter Randall in his challenge. If you choose to stick literally with the Jigsaw Puzzle idea, here’s a little tutorial to inspire you.
You can approach this challenge with digital images, instant camera images like a Polaroid, or even fabricate your final image putting together good old fashion film.
I like the approach of using real-life tangible printed images or film to create your final image. Be creative, this is as much about the philosophical approach to the jigsaw puzzle of happiness in life as it is about creating a jigsaw montage/collage. So let your creativity run wild with that specific idea in mind…use your images to create shapes of happiness like a heart as illustrated in the image below.
COMPLETING YOUR CHALLENGE:
- Capture multiple images of a single or multiple subjects that bring happiness to you
- Assemble the images in a creative jigsaw puzzle inspired fashion (Physically or digitally)
- Sum up your final image with a bit of storytelling
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2021photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2021 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.