Step back in time
This week’s theme is about stepping back time and remember your childhood or the times when your siblings or kids were little. Search your memories or bookshelves for nursery rhymes that were your companions during these times.
Take a photo that is inspired by your special nursery rhyme. You can add the text in the description. It would be lovely to introduce us to a nursery rhyme unique to your culture or maybe even a memory it evokes.
The creative choice is yours
As for techniques or photographic genres suitable for this challenge your are completely free: You can always take the nursery rhyme literally or recreate a feeling you had when hearing it in an abstract way. Go for a portrait of a mother singing to her child or a grandfather reading to his grandkids. You can do a macro shot of an item mentioned in the nursery rhyme or setup a scene with toys. Create a flatlay if you like or motivate your family to reenact a whole scene.
Take out your inner child and create some playful images. Have fun experimenting.
Inspiration and a little background can be found when reading this checklist about visual storytelling in the first link. Or have a look at the little people photography collected on Pinterest.
Link to PhotoBlog:
Link to Pinterest Board of little people photography:
- Take a new photo that was inspired by a nursery rhyme meaning something to you
- Apply the basic elements composition but try to find a child-like, playful interpretation.
- SOOC (straight out of camera) or edited post your photo during the week of Sunday, May 2 and Saturday, May 8.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2021photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2021 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.