Your Challenge if you choose to accept it is to produce an image using the Lomography method.
In 1992 a group of Viennese students established the Lomographic Society International. They were fuelled by their creative passion to expand the horizons of acceptability. This new style of Art evolved from the use of the Lomo LC-A the most popular Russian camera of the 1980s.
Lomography is characterised by oversaturated colours, distortions and unexpected prismatic effects.
This style of photography is now considered an art movement; as there are now stores, galleries, groups, around the world aimed at spreading support for the art.
Although this effect is strongly rooted to Analogue methods (film), this challenge encourages any method you choose. You’re tools your choice.
Link to photographs on the Lomographic Society International website. I recommend you check out the whole website, happy hunting.
Links to assist you achieving your objective (How to)
Free online Editor for Lomography
As always remember to have fun, be creative and out of the box interpretations are encouraged.
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Please follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines at all times.
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone elses image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #trevorcarpenterphotochallenge #2020photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday 22nd March and Saturday 28th March.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question why? in your comments. In other words, why do I like (or not like) this photo? or why did this photo catch my eye?