Your Challenge if you choose to accept it is to produce an image using the Orton Effect.
The Image below was produced by Michael Orton.
Michael Orton originally created the effect to imitate watercolour paintings. Since this period was before the digital era, it was produced by sandwiching two transparencies of the same composition, where one slide is in focus and the second is out of focus and overexposed. This method was originated by photographer Michael Orton in the mid 1980s.
Now it’s often mention that this method was developed for Landscapes and Portraits. I suggest you try this effect on any image you feel is suitable. Don’t be restricted by others views.
You can achieve this in camera. Using double exposure, record one in focus. The second exposure should be out of focus and overexposed.
You can achieve this with an iPhone. https://skipology.com/orton-effect-iphone-photography/
You can achieve this with an Android. https://www.picmonkey.com/blog/make-the-orton-effect-your-bae
How to achieve this with Photoshop. https://www.shutterevolve.com/create-orton-effect-photoshop/
How to achieve this with Gimp. https://www.lifewire.com/create-dreamy-soft-focus-orton-effect-1701694
Many other Orton Effect tutorials exist, just search Youtube.
As always remember to have fun, be creative and out of the box interpretations are encouraged.
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone elses image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Dont leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday 17th November and Saturday 23rd November.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week, by answering the question why? in your comments. In other words, why do I like (or not like) this photo? or why did this photo catch my eye?
SAMSUNG EVO Select Micro SD-Memory-Card + Adapter, 256GB microSDXC 130MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30, Expanded Storage for Android Smartphones, Tablets, Nintendo-Switch (MB-ME256KA/AM)$20.99 (as of 24 April 2023 10:17 GMT -04:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras, 2183, Black
Now retrieving the price.(as of 24 April 2023 10:17 GMT -04:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.