Thanks to photochallenge member Ulrike Lukasczyk for suggesting this week’s challenge theme.
Flat Lay is a sub-genre of still life photography. It is typically a group of objects that tell a story when put together and then photographed from a bird’s eye view. It is particularly popular in food photography and product photography, but it is certainly not limited to that. Often times a hand-written note or some other creative wording is included in a flat lay for inspiration.
If you are unfamiliar with the concept of flat lay or just need some inspiration, a quick google search will provide you with more articles than you can possibly read. 😉 That said, here are a few to get you started:
- What is a Flat Lay?
- 8 Amazing Flat Lay Photography Ideas
- 10 Tips for Acing the Internet’s Chicest Trend
To recap this week’s challenge:
- Take a flat lay photo and try to tell a story with your collection of objects. Creativity is encouraged.
- Post your photo during the week of Sunday, November 10 and Saturday, November 16.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.