Thanks to Cindy Jo Bennett Csomo for suggesting this week’s challenge theme.
For this week’s challenge, you can choose to create either a high key or a low key image. A high key image is one with predominantly light tones, without dark shadows. Conversely, a low key image should be predominantly dark, with few, if any bright areas. (A sample of each style is included below.) As always, creative or out of the box ideas are welcomed and encouraged 🙂
For more information and tips on both high key and low key photography, please check out the following topics from the 2017 Photo Challenge:
- Take a photograph with either high key or low key tone.
- Post your newly taken photo during the week of Sunday, September 15 and Saturday, September 21.
- Please remember to comment on at least FIVE photo submissions this week by answering the question “why?” in your comments. In other words, “why do I like (or not like) this photo?” or “why did this photo catch my eye?” Thank you!
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Take a new photo for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Post your photo each week to our active communities on Facebook or Flickr (or both). Tag the photo: #2019photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2019 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.