Many of you probably already know the PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCOURSE GROUP on Facebook. Many of our members are active participants in the group as well as admins. It’s a great place to share your photographic discoveries as well as to find answers to your less known photographic techniques, often techniques that take you out of your comfort zone.
Along with Peter Randall, we came up with a Photo Challenge idea to incorporate the best of both worlds, a challenge that takes you, the Photo Challenge Community Member out of your comfort zone and into the photographic discourse group to discuss and improve your skill sets. Naturally, as always we’re here to help out with the weekly theme.
For me Street Photography and photographing people in general takes me out of my comfort zone. I’m more of a nature and wildlife photographer. However as a photographer you sometimes have to venture out of your comfort zone. A good example for me is I took on a contract to photograph a corporate event in October, something I rarely do and usually avoid. In general, photographing people and trying to capture their true emotions (GOOD or BAD) truly takes me out of my comfort zone.
A comfort zone is unique to each and everyone of us. For me it’s people while it may be mushroom photography for someone else. For some of us it’s quite obvious, we don’t need to think about it, we know what our comfort zone is. Others may have to ponder on the question as it may be less obvious.
Although I may define myself as a nature photographer who sees people as being outside his comfort zone, there are some nature subjects that also put me out of my comfort zone. Spiders, especially big ones and those that are potentially dangerous, give me the heebie-jeebies 🙂
On the flip side, a simple landscape can take a portrait photographer totally out of their comfort zone. Whatever it is, that specific photographic discipline will have some hidden tricks and techniques that need to be researched in order to properly execute your Photo Challenge.
DEFINING YOUR CHALLENGE
This challenge is kind of two parts.
- The learning part – Researching your out of your comfort zone photography. You can join the photographic discourse group to share your knowledge and/or to ask pertinent questions on a specific photographic discipline.
- Put into practice what you learned and create a wonderful image for the challenge.
There are no restrictions as to the type of photography you will be taking on for this challenge. However we are a family-friendly environment. Color, B&W, long exposures, strobes, natural light and list goes on…. It can also be film or instant film photography…
The most important part of this challenge is to have fun while venturing into the unknown 😉
THE 2018 HALLOWEEN PHOTO CHALLENGE
Halloween is coming up quickly, we’ll be presenting a brand new Halloween Photo Challenge for our 10th Anniversary Celebration. Details are coming up soon 🙂
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Post one original photograph to our active community on our Facebook Group, Flickr Group or 500PX group (or all three). Tag the photo: #10thanniversaryphotochallenge #2018photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- The shot should be a new shot you took this week, for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2018 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $26.99Was: $40.00
Price: $24.00Was: $34.95