ENTROPY – We’re going to stay away from the physics definition and thermodynamics for this one, although if you can capture that with a camera, such as a meteorite hitting the ground, go for it. 🙂
We’ll concentrate on definition #2 of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary :
2a : the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity
- Entropy is the general trend of the universe toward death and disorder. —James R. Newman
b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder
- The deterioration of copy editing and proof-reading, incidentally, is a token of the cultural entropy that has overtaken us in the postwar years. —John Simon
Entropy takes on many definitions within our culture from sciences, discipline to just maintaining order in the world around us. The interpretations for this challenge are really endless.
As usual our old challenges were monthly challenges and even at times, daily challenges. We’re going to conform to our modern take on the challenge and apply ourselves to take one awesome photograph depicting entropy…
Here was my submission for the 2010 Photo Challenge – Entropy : An old haunted theme restaurant that had close its doors due to the instability of the structure. Originally an old trading post for the Hudson Bay Company.
You can always search Flickr for some interesting Inspiration…
The friendly community guidelines are pretty simple:
- Post one original photograph (Your Image) shot each week per theme posted on this blog to our active community on our Facebook Group, Flickr Groupor 500PX group (or all three). Tag the photo: #10thanniversaryphotochallenge #2018photochallenge #photochallenge #tempusaura
- The shot should be a new shot you took for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2018 Trevor Carpenter Photo Challenge is fun and easy.