Quote: Water is the driving force of all nature. Leonardo da Vinci
Challenge by Mindy Erickson
- The water cycle involves water evaporating (turning into a gas), rising to the sky, cooling and condensing into tiny drops of water or ice crystals that we see as clouds, falling back to Earth as rain, snow or hail before evaporating again and continuing the cycle.
- Drinking water is needed for humans to avoid dehydration, the amount you need each day depends on the temperature, how much activity you are involved in and other factors.
- The average human body is made of 50 to 65 percent water.
- Water covers around 70% of the Earth’s surface.
Being WEEK 32, we’ve covered so much as far as technique and showcasing different skills this year. This week I challenge the PhotoChallenge Community to use WATER as a medium to their photography and apply their creative and technical skills to amaze us all.
The above images are but a mere example of how life and us humans interact and depend on water every single day of our lives. From nature living in water, depending on water to the effects on our weather, incorporate water as an editorial subject are as a piece of creative art.
My name is Mindy Erickson and I live in sunny Southern California. I started taking pictures 21 years ago when my little guys were born. Since then, I have moved up from 35mm to digital and haven’t stopped. I joined this group to get ideas from other non-pros like me and to expand my knowledge of photography. I have found that there is a difference in taking pictures and making memories. I hope to do both!
Our Friendly Community Guidelines:
- Post one original photograph (Your Image) shot each week per theme posted on this blog to Google+, Facebook, or Flickr (or all three). Tag the photo #photochallenge.org or #photochallenge2016.
- The shot should be a new shot you took for the current weekly theme, not something from your back catalog or someone else’s image.
- The posted image should be a photograph, not a video.
- Don’t leave home without your camera. Participating in the 2016 PhotoChallenge is fun and easy.