Less than a week for the April Challenge, are you ready?

I must say, I’m really excited about the April Challenge. In less than a week, we’ll be starting a really fun opportunity to look at the world around us much differently.

If you haven’t heard about it yet, the April Challenge is a daily photography challenge to get out and shoot a little bit of entropy. As I found during the December Challenge, where we shot a portrait a day, all month long, committing to shooting once a day, for a month, is not as hard as it sounds.

This time you won’t even have to worry about scheduling to shoot a person. You can get out and photowalk an area you expect to find broken things and you’re set! Read the original post for a few more examples of some good, bad stuff.

0 Replies to “Less than a week for the April Challenge, are you ready?”

1. Drew

Hey Trevor, Thanks for using my photo for the post. I’ve been in Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma the past few days and with the floods, ice storms and general state of disrepair I am seeing entropy everywhere. Wish it was April so I could start already.

2. Shanti @ Antishay

Hi there 🙂 I’ve been following this blog since it started and am excited to finally get geared up an participate in the next challenge! I’d love to see where this new theme takes my photography. I feel like I’m missing something though… I’ve joined the flickr group but where do we go from there? Could you go over the rules or guidelines again? Is there somewhere where they’re already posted? D Should w elabel the photos with a specific tag so you can see them for fun, etc? Thanks!

3. Pingback: Mom Snaps » Blog Archive » April Photo Challenge

4. Julie

I just realized I could do an entropy shot every day and NEVER leave my piece o’ garb- excuse me, charmingly retro – house! 😉

5. trevor

@Shanti Good idea. I’ll make sure to recap all the guidelines before we launch.

However, you should know that each day when you’re done shooting and processing your submission, just upload it to Flickr (or other photosharing sites) and tag it “photochallenge” and “aprilchallenge”. Then, making sure that you’re a member of the Flickr PhotoChallenge.org Group, submit the image to that group.

That will make it easy for everyone else to track your submissions. If you blog, you can blog it too. Make sure to link back here and/or the PhotoChallenge group on Flickr.

6. Marcos González

This start 2morrow, right? I’ll make as much as possible to participate in this one (that means at least one shot a day!) Maybe the tag for the photos should be “aprilchalllenge2008” ?

7. trevor

@Sharon, You are welcome to join us. All you need to do is shoot regularly, following the guidelines. Then, post your photos to your Flickr account. Make sure to tag them, so that I can track them. (“aprilchallenge” “photochallenge” “aprilchallenge2008”)